Spotlight: Grandma Arline

May 25- Mary Arline Wigley was born on this day in 1915. She was a very special person I loved very much. I knew for a long time I wanted to write her into a story in a special way. She appears in the story, The Terrible Scary Storm as herself. In the story, she comforts, educates and entertains her grandson during a thunderstorm. Grandma Arline was a delightful, insightful, fun, caring, thoughtful person. I'm glad readers will get to know and her love her too. She did not ever get to read the story I wrote for her, but her husband, Grandpa Jay did, and said it was a wonderful tribute to a beautiful woman. Grandma Arline, thank you for inspiring the story, The Terrible Scary Storm. You will always be in our hearts!

2 comments:

Nice lady in the brown boots said...

Maria-Arlene Gladys was named for Grandma Arline and my beloved Gladys Louise. Like her name-sakes, she too is very precious!

Steve said...

When I read this to my kids, I felt like I really knew Grandma Arline. She reminded me of my own Grandma in many ways. Grandma Arline sounds like she was a wonderful lady I would have liked to know.